Bee "Candy" patties to feed your bees.
Recipe provided by Joe Treimel, Essex County
Beekeepers Society, Inc.
Bee "candy" patties are easy to make, and take little of your time.
15 pounds sugar
3 pounds corn syrup
4 Cups (1 quart) water
½ Tsp Cream of Tartar
- Dissolve the sugar, corn syrup &
cream of tartar in one quart of water by stirring and boiling until the
temperature reaches 240 degrees.
- Let the syrup cool until it is between 180 and 200 degrees, then beat until
- Pour the syrup into 8" x 10" x 3" molds lined with wax paper. Large cookie pans
with raised edges sprayed with a little PAM work just as well.
- When the syrup is hard, turn the pan over to remove it.
- Feed the hardened syrup ("candy")
to your bees by placing pieces on sticks on the top bars above the bee cluster.